Friday, October 2, 2020

October 2, 2020 Update

 It feels like a long time since I have been on here. What have I been up to? I have not discarded this blog. I have finished my college course of Cultural Diversity, and now I am going to be in Introduction to Networking. I believe to be an eternal student, meaning always learning. As of now and in the past 3 weeks, i have been studying for Elearn Security's Junior Penetration Tester Student. I am doing this first to gain more knowledge and have structure than just going down a rabbit hole. As most know, when studying something new it is best practice to get in a course to keep your mind engage and a higher chance of learning on a clear path. If you have the money and people say that that any certification is not worth it, I beg to differ. Certificates in the long run helps you retain information better. Just think the week before your job interview, you cram to make sure that you knew everything that was on the job ad. Getting a certificate is the same thing, you strive to learn as much as you can. Even if you unfortunately failed a certificate, you are smarter and show that you are willing to learn. It shows your deficiencies, and help you try to increase it to the point of passing. If you are unsure if you are ready to take a course, I say study for it and see. It's better to attempt anything, than to not attempt anything at all. Make sure to push yourself and get out of your comfort zone, you might just like it. I will be attempting taking the exam by the end of the month. Biggest problem that I am contemplating OSCP or ECPPT. I just got to do more research. I will try to post at least weekly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Update

     It has been a long time since I blogged on this. I have been learning the eCPPT, which I have finally passed. The goal is to change thi...