Monday, August 17, 2020

Monday, August 17, 2020 Completed THM Learn Linux

     I successfully completed the learn Linux room. I have been on this room for a couple days now. Given it a break, looking at Linux videos help me a lot. I did get some help via YouTube, but it is now on to the next room which is named Linux Challenges. 

     I am listening to ITPro.Tv and following along with them, and at the same time I am utilizing THM. The reason I do this is I will not get hands-on practice looking at just videos. On the other hand, I will not get more knowledge by just having hands-on practice. It is the best of both worlds. 

     What I learned about the Learn Linux room by being stuck? I had to deploy the machine more often than once which in turn solidified my knowledge to ssh shiba1@IP address. I been looking more into manuals. I found utilizing search by using forward slash. I can use the keyboard "u" and "n" to search through man.The other thing that I learned that is important to me,  i would need to press exit to get out of su. I would usually close the Terminal. This might be trivial to some, but if I saw myself last week and explained all I know now I wouldn't believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Update

     It has been a long time since I blogged on this. I have been learning the eCPPT, which I have finally passed. The goal is to change thi...